Rushad Eggleston - Cello
BiographyRushad Eggleston is an improvisational cellist, singer, legend, clown, goblin, cello-shredder and acrobat. Wild "jazz" vocalist, bundle of laughs, writer of hit songs in other galaxies, Ambassador of Sneth. Inventor of bluegrass cello, time traveler, creator of worlds. Pentecostal dancer, proprietor of igwarfnees, president of Norwegian Ostrich Society, winner of some contest in 1725.
Eggleston, a graduate of Carmel High School in Carmel, California, and later he attended the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. There Eggleston studied cello with Associate Professor Eugene Friesen and graduated in May 2003. After releasing a small-press album called Nico and Rushad in 1999 (with fellow musician Nico Georis), Eggleston made his large-scale recording debut with his self-titled Compass Records release with Fiddlers 4, which was nominated for a 2002 Grammy, as well as with Darol Anger's Republic of Strings, bringing him to national prominence. Eggleston has toured extensively with Darol Anger's Republic of Strings, Fiddler's 4, and the alternative folk/bluegrass group he helped found, Crooked Still. Crooked Still released two CDs with Eggleston, one in 2004 and the second in 2006. Eggleston also released a more experimental album named "Playhouse of the Universe" July 10, 2006 with The Wild Band of Snee, as well as another of his goofier albums, Rushad Eggleston and The Butt Wizards. Eggleston left Crooked Still in November 2007. Eggleston has been an instructor at Mark O'Connor's fiddle camps and conferences from 2001 to 2007, as well as at Mike Block's String Camp in 2012 and 2013. He has also taught Cello at Maine Fiddle Camp at camp NEOFA.
Cello Course- 3 hours (2 x 1.5 hours) of group classes per day for 5 days
- 1 individual masterclass with Rushad during the week
- A house concert featuring Rushad and local artists
- Opportunities throughout the to discuss the theoretical, technical, performative, professional aspects of cello playing
- Accommodation for 5 nights in an Irish speaking and musical household
Accommodation, Food and Activities
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening snack using top quality locally sourced ingredients
- Seaweed baths and massages available
- 7 miles from Dingle town
- 3 minutes walk from the sea and heritage sites
- Hill walking and guided walks available